You might think having empathy and being a woman in the business world is a disadvantage. After all, being accused of being overly sensitive and focusing on emotions is the last thing you want to deal with in an already male-dominated and traditional environment. But what if you could actually use your empathy as a key advantage to growing your business?
In today’s episode, Suneera discusses why empathy is a natural skill set and something you can actually use as one of your greatest advantages. Empathy is often overlooked in the business world, and at times as women, we may want to shy away from it. Suneera explains how empathy can be used to strengthen customer relations, navigate the changing landscape of customer service and give your business that added edge. Let’s jump in!
- Keep your ear to the ground to better understand your customers. Feedback is the real data you need to drive your company forward [1:32]
- Great leaders are empathetic. How can you use that empathy as an advantage in your business? [6:20]
- It’s time to own your empathy as a resource in your toolbelt. Suneera shares her own experience with empathy, consumers and the shifting landscape of customer service [10:41]
- Dealing with the drawbacks and logistics of launching a physical product. How to handle customers who expect a certain type of service [16:44]
- Practicing empathy as a consumer [22:38]
Follow @ceoschool on Instagram for inspiration and exclusive behind-the-scenes you won’t find anywhere else. See you in the next class!
Tune in to the episode at: