Laney Schwartz is the founder, creator and recipe developer behind the food blog Life is but a Dish. Laney is on a mission to help busy home cooks across the world gain confidence in the kitchen, create simple and delicious meals and cook without being tied to a recipe. Laney lives in Los Angeles, California with her two daughters and husband and loves a kitchen dance party! In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Laney transitioned from being a stay-at-home mom passionate about cooking and sharing recipes to a full-time food blogger (2:11)
- Laney’s focus on impact over income, starting small, adjusting to changes in social media, and overcoming her fear of video (5:24)
- Three pieces of advice for moving past fear and starting to show up in video (17:06)
- The process of adding in additional income streams to her business model and Laney’s first digital product (20:17)
- Laney’s experience launching a holiday e-book in the middle of summer and why you shouldn’t wait for the perfect time in your business (30:25)
- How joining a mastermind and hiring team members has helped Laney scale and bring her vision to life (38:08)
Follow @ceoschool on Instagram for inspiration and exclusive behind-the-scenes you won’t find anywhere else. We also have an absolutely incredible FREE resource for you–it’s the 7 lessons we learned building 7 and 8 figure businesses, these are complete game changers and we want to give it to you, completely free. All you have to do is leave a review of the podcast–why you love listening–screenshot the review, and email it to email@example.com and we’ll send it your way.
See you in the next class!
Tune in to the episode at: