Only 1.7% of female founders will break $1 million in annual revenue. Kara Brown, CEO of SmithBrown Marketing and CRO of LeadCoverage did just this in less than two years with an all-female team. SmithBrown is a full-service marketing firm specializing in B2B lead conversion, empowering business leaders to scale with proven marketing strategies and measured results through demand generation, strategy, social conversion, and execution. Brown had a robust corporate career before becoming an entrepreneur, including enterprise and a successful startup to IPO. In this episode you’ll hear:
- Kara’s corporate experience with the founders of Groupon that gave her a professional perspective into a hyper entrepreneurial ecosystem (5:00)
- How she took her marketing skills and built a 7 figure business within a year, which gave her the insight to go for more and become part of the 1.7% (8:03)
- Why more role models need to exist so that women know they are able to achieve the goal of making $1 million revenue. (11:33)
- Being innovative and utilizing the strengths of your business during a global shift in business (18:30)
- The importance of community and the mental shift that happens when your business moves past multiple six figures to break through the $1 million dollar goal. (29:50)
Follow @ceoschool on Instagram for inspiration and exclusive behind-the-scenes you won’t find anywhere else. We also have an absolutely incredible FREE resource for you–it’s the 7 lessons we learned building 7 and 8 figure businesses, these are complete game changers and we want to give it to you, completely free. All you have to do is leave a review of the podcast–why you love listening–screenshot the review, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send it your way.
See you in the next class!
Tune in to the episode at: