Jessica Korthuis is the founder of Sohuis (so-house). She founded this company in 2016 and since then, we have evolved into supporting a global community of diverse and ambitious early-stage female founders. We are an educational platform and membership community that teaches female founders how to brand and market their businesses. By creating educational courses, workshops, and curating an incredible group of community mentors and advisors, we are creating a place where women can get expert, actionable and practical access to all of the branding and marketing resources they need to grow their small businesses and tell their unique brand stories.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Despite not having gone to school for marketing, Jessica has over a decade worth of experience in marketing and branding. She explains why she doesn’t think marketers are from a special “unicorn land” and how smart marketing is all about discipline and tactics
- As a business owner, you should be in charge of your messaging, decision making, and branding strategy but where exactly should you start and what are some fundamentals to keep in mind according to a digital marketing expert?
- Businesses can only afford to focus on 1 of 3 things: brand awareness, member retention, or customer acquisition. Jessica explains how to determine which strategy to focus on to ensure you attract the ideal customer
- Jessica talks about b2b marketing and how to leverage it for your business
- Email marketing has the highest ROI, but how does one get started in list building and emailing marketing for business growth and development?
Connect with Jessica:
Main website: https://herbrandandco.com/
Sohuis membership: https://herbrandandco.com/membership
The Lucy Lab (our formal Marketing Accelerator Program): https://
FULL EPISODE TRANSCRIPT HERE
This episode is sponsored by the club, a Quarterly box and digital monthly community to help you level up and leadership and life. Learn more at join.theceoschool.co/theclub
Follow @ceoschool on Instagram for inspiration and exclusive behind-the-scenes you won’t find anywhere else. If you’ve enjoyed today’s episode, please leave us a five star rating telling us what you enjoy the most. We will be sending CEO School swag for the next 100 reviews so don’t miss out. Write a review and send us a screenshot at email@example.com to claim your swag.
Tune in to the episode at: