Ashley Wray is the founder and CEO of Mala Collective. The company works with artisans in Asia (from Bali to India to Nepal) to create products supporting a mindfulness and meditation practice.
Merging both authentic practices and beautiful pieces, Mala Collective wants to inspire you to live your mindfulness practice at home and throughout the day. Ashley designs the pieces, such as mala beads, crystal kits, and meditation cushions, by merging tradition and modern-day aesthetic.
Since starting Mala Collective in 2011, Ashley has taught meditation across North America, taken meditation trainings from LA to NY to India and Bali, and has worked to make meditation and mindfulness more accessible and fun.
The cushions and crystals are meant to inspire you to take a moment to breathe. The mala beads are tools you can use in your practice, but also beautiful beads you can wear throughout your day to remind you of intention.
Mala Collective has worked with brand partners from Lululemon to Anthropologie. And has been featured in YGQ, British Vogue, Yoga Journal, Goop, Well + Good, and Poosh.
- Ashley shares her journey from being a journalist covering murder trials to owning a business centered around mindful meditation. (2:23)
- The burnout point when Ashley realized she could absolutely no longer be a journalist covering murder trials anymore. (4:47)
- About the point where Ashley’s curiosity about sharing mindful meditation with others began to turn into a successful business venture. (10:01)
- One of the barriers Ashley had to break through in order to get to the next level in her business was herself. (16:45)
- Mindset was another barrier to overcome because Ashley had to figure out what she was avoiding and address it head on. (21:14)
- The third thing that’s really allowed Ashley to build a successful seven figure business is defining what success means to her. (24:46)
- Several different ways to find more peace in your life and begin a mindfulness or meditation practice today. (34:57)
Connect with Ashley & Mala Collective:
Free I Am Enough Meditation Series: https://www.malacollective.com/pages/i-am-enough-21-day-meditation-series-signup
Ashley’s IG: @ashley__wray
Mala Collective’s: @malacollective
FULL EPISODE TRANSCRIPT HERE
This episode is sponsored by the club, a Quarterly box and digital monthly community to help you level up and leadership and life. Learn more at join.theceoschool.co/theclub
Follow @ceoschool on Instagram for inspiration and exclusive behind-the-scenes you won’t find anywhere else. We also have an absolutely incredible FREE resource for you–it’s the 7 lessons we learned building 7 and 8 figure businesses, these are complete game changers and we want to give it to you, completely free. All you have to do is leave a review of the podcast–why you love listening–screenshot the review, and email it to email@example.com and we’ll send it your way. See you in the next class!
Tune in to the episode at: