Robin Long lives and works in sunny Santa Barbara, CA as the founder and CEO of The Balanced Life – an online membership community that provides quick & effective Pilates workouts for busy women. She is a certified Pilates instructor and believes in a guilt-free, balanced approach to health & fitness and is passionate about helping women love and care for their bodies in the midst of busy lives. She’s built a seven-figure business by leveraging her passion and expertise for a scalable and yet personal online membership community. Robin is committed to creating a team and culture that is inclusive, positive, and encouraging while continually stepping out of her comfort zone and setting big goals.
Outside of The Balanced Life, she can be found chasing her 7-year-old daughter, 4-year-old son, and 2-year-old twins, sneaking in 10-minute workouts during the kids’ bath time, and spending as much time as possible at the beach.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How Robin went from a pilates instructor to running a seven-figure company (2:53)
- How online businesses have shifted over the last decade due to social media (7:12)
- Robin shares some of her initial worries when she first started her business (8:58)
- Using social media as a tool for conversion and why consistency matters (12:36)
- Despite the challenges, Robin explains her vision and why she kept showing up for her business (14:21)
- A key aspect of growing your business is finding a way to get people to talk about it (16:46)
- How going from solopreneur to a business with a larger team shifted the way ideas were executed on (21:05)
- Robin shares her timeline: building a seven-figure business while being a mother and wife (23:32)
- Robin and Shannan go deeper into discussing motherhood and navigating a business (31:17)
- Robin tells us some ways she was able to navigate the business partner/life partner conversation with her husband (37:33)
- Balancing life as a career woman, mother, and wife: what is the pilates lifestyle? (42:13)
- How being consistent is the most important key to having a balanced life (45:37)
- Robin shares a thought exercise that has had a huge impact on her life (49:01)
Connect with Robin:
Check out The Balanced Life and sign up to get five free, 15 minute PIlates workouts sent straight to your inbox.
FULL EPISODE TRANSCRIPT HERE
Follow @ceoschool on Instagram for inspiration and exclusive behind-the-scenes you won’t find anywhere else. We also have an absolutely incredible FREE resource for you–it’s the 7 lessons we learned building 7 and 8 figure businesses, these are complete game changers and we want to give it to you, completely free. All you have to do is leave a review of the podcast–why you love listening–screenshot the review, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send it your way. See you in the next class!
Tune in to the episode at: